Shipsurance Insurance Services, Inc.©, previously Discount Shipping Insurance (DSI), is a private shipping insurance provider. They provide coverage for shipments sent via the major shipping carriers at a greatly reduced rate; often more than 90% off of the carrier rates.
Shipsurance© offers shipping insurance and cargo insurance to all size shippers. They allow low volume shippers to insure with them via their website on a one-by-one basis. Volume shippers can sign up for open coverage and insure all their shipments at a greater discount. Coverage is offered from Lloyds of London©. They also offer coverage through InsurePost.com.
They provide a proprietary reporting software called “eReport” free of charge to their customers. This software allows for electronic reporting with UPS© Worldship©, FedEx© Ship Manager©, Stamps.com©, Endicia© Dazzle, and eBay©.
Rates are typically 50%-90% less that the shipping carrier rates.
- Large cost savings
- Offers actual insurance coverage.
- Covers all carriers.
- Claims processed within one week
- Paperless claims process.
- Integrated with most shipping systems.
- Automated “eReport” software suite.
- Open API for reporting.
- Certain items are not allowed to be covered.
- Certain destination countries are not available for coverage.
- Separate bill for insurance vs. the carriers.